The first kiss perhaps determines if two people should or shouldn’t be together. The first kiss most times reveals the true feelings and emotions between two people. Do they have mutual feelings towards one another? Do they want a relationship, fling or nothing? Well, because men always get to ask themselves if it’s okay to ask the girl for a kiss or how do they even get to kiss her for the first time, here are 4 ways to do so.
#1. Make eye contact and hold it. Make sure you grab her attention with soft, kind eye contact. Hold her eyes for longer than a second or two, until there is a breathless, timeless space that surrounds you. The world disappears, and it’s just the two of you. To get her attention, keep it minimal and subtle:
- Touch her shoulder, upper arm, or cheek and say her name.
- A simple, quiet “hey” is still the most effective way to get her attention.
- “I need you for a moment” or “just one more thing” is a great, noncommittal way to hold her attention for an end of the date kiss.
- Move in for a big, full-body hug to see if she’s feeling equally romantic.
#2. If you’re shy, go ahead and ask directly. Polite, simple, and to the point, these lines go straight to the point and put it in her court. Keep eye contact when talking, and keep your head close enough that you can both move in when she says yes.
- “Can I kiss you?”
- “Can we kiss?”
- “Is it okay if I kiss you right now?”
#3. Use your body language. Don’t rush for her lips, just move in slowly. Give her the chance to move in or gracefully bow back out. If she isn’t feeling it and doesn’t want to kiss, she’ll say no and lean away. So…
- Move in slowly.
- Half-close your eyes
- Let her come part way, meeting you for the kiss.
- Hold her close with a hug, keeping your faces close together. If she keeps eye contact, move in.
#4. Shrug off rejection with kindness and an apology. Some women say no when they are actually saying yes. There are a ton of reasons she might say no, but none of them need to be returned with rudeness. She just might not be ready yet. Be sure to politely apologize for misreading things, then move on — she’ll appreciate it.
- “I’m sorry. I had a wonderful time tonight– I’ll see you around.
- “I misread things, I’m sorry. Have a great night.”
- “I didn’t mean to put you on the spot like that, I’m sorry.”
She could be the one running after you for that kiss in seconds!
Share this story